Monday, September 29, 2008

mccain's campaign suspension... or so he said.

Media Matters for America has documented that McCain asserted he would suspend his presidential campaigning in response to the financial crisis. However, campaigning activities still went on in the mccain camp, including interviews and ads.

For some reason that just bothers me. I feel McCain just wanted to boost his campaign by showing his concern for the country. But "suspending" his campaign really meant, telling people he was more concerned about the financial crisis in America than his presidential campaign. However, in not actually suspending campiagning, and just saying that ticks me off. Not that I don't think it might have been a good idea to suspend campaign or not, or whether I though they should postpone the debate or not, he shouldnt have said something and done the complete opposite. (And I know politicians do that a lot, but still!)

I feel Obama did take a stand and say the U.S. people need to hear from us at the debates. And for that i do give an applause, because he was in a tight spot there. He had concern for the country, but was caught in the mccain tactics. I'm glad these independent organizations are catching these false claims. I mean, one article from media matters discussed CBS'S Face the Nation's assertion that McCain suspended his campaign, ignoring all the evidence that shows he actually didnt suspend his campaign.

No comments: